If you have spent much of your savings this semester on tuition, textbooks and your living expenses, then you probably don't have too much left for Spring Break. But, you are in luck, as we have created a guide to helping you go on Spring Break on a tight budget. Here are five ways to shoestring your Spring Break trip:
1. Drive to your Spring Break destination - There are plenty of Spring Break destinations located right within the US, including Spring Break Panama City, Daytona Beach, Lake Havasu and South Padre Island.
2. The more people, the cheaper your trip. If you pack 4 people into a car, and you each split the cost of gas and hotel accommodations, then you can enjoy a Spring Break trip for less than $500.
3. Go grocery shopping. Once you arrive at your Spring Break destination, hit up the local grocery store
and buy lunch meat, snacks and anything else that will defer the cost of eating out every night. Get some suntan lotion
and an umbrella
too, just in case it rains.
4. Book your hotel accommodations in advance. If you book your hotel months in advance, you can save in a major way. Hotels like the Hampton Inn
offer a great atmosphere for Spring Break.
5. Get group rates. If you call the clubs and bars before you head down to Spring Break, you can often take advantage of group rates, which will save you a lot of money in the long run. If you have a group of 4, you may be able to get discounts on admissions, drinks and more.